Sometimes we are unable to find our smartphones. Perhaps you’ve lost it or it was stolen by someone. Do you think that it is not possible to find your device without GPS and a SIM card? If so, you are wrong.
Fortunately, there are a number of ways through which you can find your smartphone. One of them is by using the IMEI tracker.
We can find our lost device by using the IMEI number, which is a unique identification number of every device. Now the question arises, how can I find my device with IMEI number? In this article, we will give you a detailed explanation of the IMEI number and the procedure that you have to follow to find your device.
What is the IMEI?
The term “IMEI” stands for “International Mobile Equipment Identity.” Unlike the SIM number, the IMEI is a unique number assigned to each and every mobile device. The IMEI number of a mobile phone can be located under the battery when you purchase it. In general, the IMEI number is used to identify the device, whereas the SIM number is used to identify the specific subscriber account. We can locate phone by IMEI number.
It is necessary to write down this IMEI number as soon as possible because otherwise, you won’t have anything to submit to the IMEI Online Website Tracker.
How to Find a Mobile Phone Using the IMEI Number
If you are aware of the IMEI number of your stolen smartphone, you can use a variety of applications that are freely accessible online to trace the phone using IMEI. Follow these simple steps to find your device.
- On any smartphone, search for “IMEI number tracker” on your play store app and download the IMEI tracker app.
- Start the application’s download by clicking the “Install” button.
- You will be asked to give the phone numbers of people you can trust, who may be in your family or friend group, after authorizing access to the app. Automatic SMS notifications with the IMEI number and phone location will be sent to those pre-approved contacts when your phone is stolen or lost.
- The phone’s actual position will be displayed on the screen. You can now simply trace the location of the phone using its IMEI number.
- The lost device may also receive a message or the command “get the lost phone” from any other device, and this application will acknowledge the message and reply with the exact location.
Benefits of the IMEI number
The IMEI Number Cannot be Altered
The IMEI number is used to track missing mobile phones since it cannot ever be changed by anybody. Even the burglars who took your phone are unable to alter that number. The IMEI number cannot be changed. However, the SIM card can be changed. Therefore, it is important to keep the phone’s IMEI number.
The IMEI Number Can be Blocked
The IMEI number can be blocked to stop your mobile phone usage. If you disable the IMEI number, the thief will be unable to use your phone even if he has it. Therefore, the first thing to do if your phone is stolen is to block the IMEI number. However, in order to do it, you must inform the police. Even though there are some great apps available, they are worthless if the phone is not connected to the internet. Without an active internet connection, any app on the phone, whether it is a first-party or third-party app, often ceases to function.
We hope that you have found some value in this blog, if you need more assistance regarding a technical problem, visit our website getassist.net.